Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is renowned for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and was started in 11th century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English type of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts from the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life varieties have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Romans and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km away. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people residing there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and weather conditions are nice to go to in the month of Sept and Oct.